Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's my party!


It was a gorgeous day for Lexi's birthday party yesterday. We rented out the Penthouse party room in our building to give us some more room.


Lexi enjoyed all the visitors (especially her little friends), attention, and helium balloons (she apparently wasn't the only one!)




Her birthday cake was made by my mom, and I had the exact same bunny cake for my first birthday.


I almost shed a tear as we sang Happy Birthday and helped her blow out her candle. Time is passing so quickly, and as I look at these pictures I no longer see a baby - she is a little girl now.

She wasn't too sure what to do with her cake, although she was pretty sure that she didn't want Hayden stealing it right off her tray. I guess she wasn't used to having a chunk of food plunked down on her tray. She seemed to like the icing though!


It was no surprise that when it came time to open gifts she was more interested in the bows and boxes than what was actually inside them. Thanks to everyone for coming and for all the lovely gifts she received. We three are so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family who love us so much.

No comments: